Carbon, cost and consequences
'Affordable energy at the flick of a switch is something that most of the world has come to take for granted or is determined to have. Rising energy consumption that increases global warming is something the world has to avoid.'
We know the challenge has to be met. That’s why we’re helping every customer get Energy Fit. Only by becoming more aware of how to use energy efficiently can we transform our homes and the way we live to ensure we all play our part in helping to keep our bills down and reduce carbon emissions.
- Despite the 50% increase in average energy bills over the past three years, UK electricity prices are still on a par with the European average, and cheaper than those in Austria, Belgium, Italy and Denmark.
- How we manage the transition to a lower-carbon economy is one of the most important challenges facing the UK.
- Energy diversity is key to maintaining security of supply and managing costs for our customers.
- We need to use all available technologies - making sure that each source is used in a way that maximises its strengths and compensates for its weaknesses.
- We believe decentralised generation has substantial possibilities.
- E.ON is passionate about renewable energy. Indeed, few companies are doing more. The development of renewable is essential for climate protection and an important part of our growth strategy. At the same time, our expertise gives us insight into the challenges and obstacles facing renewables.
Carbon, cost and consequences (PDF,304KB)