|Location||Kent and Essex coast in the outer Thames Estuary|
|Project scope||Up to 341 turbines|
|Turbine height||Above mean sea level - up to 100m to hub, up to 175m to blade tip|
|Total power||Up to 1000MW|
We are a partner in the London Array Offshore Wind Farm project with Dong Energy and Masdar.
Visit the London Array website.
Why London Array?
Some of the reasons the site is regarded as very suitable for a large-scale offshore wind farm include:
- High wind speeds
- Low water depth
- Proximity of nearby ports for construction, operation and maintenance
- Minimum interference with established shipping channels
- Suitable ground conditions
- Suitable grid connection
- Proximity of power demand - South East England has the highest demand for electricity in the UK
The London Array Wind Farm would:
- Provide around 750,000 homes' annual electricity needs
- Displace the emission of 1.9 million tonnes of carbon dioxide each year